About Edward

This is the section where most people describe themselves in the third person and write about how awesome they are. Well I’m not The Rock so I’ll just use first person. If you’ve had a chance to see the site you know that I am a voice over talent, journalist and have a multitude of skills at my disposal. But that’s only part of the equation.

I love sports. I play video games. I still read the newspaper. Instead of an mp3 player I have an mp0 player or a transistor radio as they called it back in the day. I’m also willing to bet I am the biggest sports fan in the voice over industry. It helps that I might be the biggest fan on the planet. I also want to prove I can hang with the best actors in the world.

I bring a very different approach to voice acting that comes from my sports background. I’m a competitor at heart and watching Michael Jordan my whole life really showed me what a passionate drive to be the best can do for you. The voice over industry is not really built for that manner of thinking from what I’ve heard. Well it’s in my blood as a Chicagoan and competitor to be the best and try to win anything I compete in. That doesn’t mean someone can’t have fun while trying to be the best. I point to Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls. He always wants to win, but is humble and a relentless worker. That’s how I see myself. Never stop learning, never stop having fun and never stop working.

“The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you’re willing to pay the price.”

- Vince Lombardi

That quote really resonates with me. Even though he was a Packer I respect what he stood for and loved the way he talked about work and success. It’s why I will accomplish my goals and it’s why I don’t fear the process of earning my stripes. You have to enjoy every step of the journey and I intend to do just that.

You have also probably noticed the dog theme around the site and there is a story behind that. I’ve been told by various people that my voice sounds like it fits coming out of a canine, normally a dog or wolf of some kind. I’ve also found myself voice a quite few canines in the animation projects I’ve been a part of. One of my nicknames happens to be “Wolf” as well so if the shoe fits, lace’em up. Or something like that. The “A Director’s Best Friend” idea sticks with the theme and is meant to emphasize my ability to be directed. I view voice acting as a team sport and I need a good director, engineer, writer and animator to round out my starting five. Then there’s all the people we never hear about. It’s never about one person and I’m always trying to learn more about the people that help make me look my best and help create and special product.

That’s a sample of who I am and if you’ve read this whole thing, congratulations. I wish I had something for you, but I appreciate your time. Feel free to drop me an e-mail to chat about anything. I’ll leave you with a quote from the greatest basketball player ever – Vlade Divac.

Just kidding.

“Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.

- Michael Jordan